Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Little Treasure

Today I received a little package from my 7 year old cousin, Paige.  (Okay, cousin once removed, but really who says all that all the time, and try explaining that to a 4 year old!)  She's adorable.  She loves to dance.  Miss P also loves to collect treasures.  In fact, the first day I met her (I think she was 4 then), she was finding special treasures to keep.   It was September and so the current treasure was fall leaves.  Miss P loves to collect little bits of "special" found in unexpected places.  When I visited last time, she showed me her rock collection.  So, of course, I sent her and her sister, Ashley, who also collects rocks and treasures, each a polished jasper stone, a black stone and an Australian coin. 

Although both told me thank you on the phone, after singing me "Happy Birthday", Paige also sent a note and a treasure for me to keep in return.


It says:  "Dear Shala thank you for the butfll pakig you sent me.  I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is for you! "  (That's "beautiful package" for those who don't read 7-year-old.)  The arrows pointed to the right for me to turn it around where a small item wrapped in kleenex and plenty of tape was attached.  Inside was this piece of what looks like lampworked glass.



The piece of glass is clear with lovely blue striping inside.  A true treasure given to me by an even greater one!  Thanks Paige--I'll keep it forever!
A Little TreasureSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...