Saturday, June 5, 2010

Four and Twenty Blackbirds

No, it isn't the nursery rhyme.  It's a paper pieced quilt block!  This one has been sent on its way to the lovely quiltedoma (Andrea) of the Bee White Black quilting bee group.  She sent us lovely black, white and gray fabrics for her black and white quilt with the only instructions being to use the cat fabric and make whatever block we wished.
I debated between three different blocks, but I kept coming back to this one--it's just so cool in black and white!

This pattern was designed by Marcia Hohn of Quilter's Cache.  It's a free paper piecing (or foundation pieced) pattern called Four and Twenty Blackbirds.  (Tip:  When printing out the templates, check the sizing square to make sure it really is one inch!  On my computer two of the pages printed just fine as is, but the third one needed the right and left margins to be reduced to .45 to print out at exactly the correct size.)

Here is the result: 



I think it turned out rather well.  In fact, I may just have to make some up for myself!
Four and Twenty BlackbirdsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...