Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Doll Quilt Swap 9

While I was busy with house painting, canning, quilting and all sorts of stuff, I little package arrived in my mailbox all the way from Riverdale, Maryland.  It was my doll quilt (the one I was receiving) from the Doll Quilt Swap 9!

In the package was an adorable, cheerful quilt and some cool vintage fabrics.  I'm sure those will be put to good use sometime soon!  The card she included is adorable with button flowers--how creative!


My partner (not the same one I'm giving too) was KatieJeanBags (Katie).  Here's her little quiltie:



The binding is in Kona Coal with a white background and Coal for the centers.  The rest of the fabrics are from a mix of designers.  I love how she created some dimension by pairing coordinating fabrics of more solid/dark with more open/light.  I do love a good scrap quilt, always have.  It's fun to look at the fabrics and pick out favorites.  My favorite fabric in this quilt is probably the orange snail fabric, it is just so funny and cute!



On the back is a lovely orange polka dot fabric (sorry I don't know which fabric line).  You can sort of see the quilting creates a star pattern.


This quilt is such a joy to have with it's cheerful colors and patterns and it's clean white background!  Katie's life is so busy and full of other people and things that are more important, but she took the time to make this doll quilt specifically for me.  I know I'll treasure it always.
Doll Quilt Swap 9SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...