Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pincushion Swap

The Scrappy Pincushion Swap just finished up with a deadline of October 1 and I got mine sent off on time!  My little pincushion has quite a ways to travel, not to mention traversing the dangers of customs officials, so it won't arrive to its new home for a bit. 

I used the Wendy the Bird pattern I found from LollyChops for the main body and altered the wings.  The blue fabric is a Robert Kaufmann fabric that I thought had a feather sort of look to it.  Eyes are made with silver sequins and small black beads.  The wings have blue hand stitching and rows of sequins for a little extra sparkle.  They are made from felt, with the backs of each wing having wool felt.  Perfect for holding needles! 


I filled this one with poly-fil stuffing to avoid any possible conflicts with customs over things like walnut shells or shavings.  This had the added benefit of being much lighter--always a plus for international shipping.  I used a small stone inside on the bottom to help weight the bird down so it doesn't tip forward.  The bird is big enough to fill my hand, so not too tiny of a pincushion.



I also sent three pin toppers created by Marla Sharp.  They are on 1.5 inch sewing pins--so very tiny!  I love the cute little birds and the delicate petals of the flower--oh my!



A fun little pincushion for my partner to enjoy--I hope she likes it!

Pincushion SwapSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

  1. Really a cute little pincushion. Wish I was your partner. *smile* I am finding I have a weakness for cute little pincushions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...