Sunday, April 8, 2012

Doll Quilt Swap 12 Received!

All the way from Cary, North Carolina, comes a little doll quilt to my door...or post office box as the case may be.  The lovely Nichole Partridge (partridgepeartree) made me this adorable mini quilt and sent along a few goodies to boot!

Do you see that Kaffe Fassett fat quarter?  Nichole really did her homework--I love Kaffe!
Nichole sent along a cute little journal (I'm thinking of using it as my quilt ideas book) and some extra fabric including some fabulous houndstooth print and some Kaffe Fassett.  I already know what I want to do with each (which, believe me is rare, I'm someone who debates a million ideas usually).

But, of course, the best part is the doll quilt!  My partner must have spent quite some time "stalking" me because she really nailed it with this one.  I love all the scrappy bits this little quilt has--something new to discover each time I look at it.  I also have a fondness for all those lovely red and aqua/turquoise quilts out there so I am happy to finally have one of my very own.  And, well, I just can't help liking these wonky (or liberated) churn dash blocks.  You might remember that last year I had a bee block done with large liberated churn dash blocks in black and white fabrics.  Let me just say these little guys are way cuter!  The combination of prints and wonky is just right for lending the quilt a bit of quirky happiness that makes me smile when I look at it.


I love that the border is made up of uneven blocks which fits the style of the blocks so much better than if they were all the same size/shape.
Here's the back of the quilt--again, gorgeous, cheerful fabric.  Judging from this quilt, Nichole has great taste in fabrics--her stash must be fabulous to stare at!  :)


When this quilt arrived, I told Stars--"here's our new wall quiltie" and he looked up at the blank spot on the wall and then back at the envelope in my hand and smiled his big border collie smile.  Then when I took out the quilt and held it up for him to see he got up and came over to sniff and look (he's a good boy and doesn't rub his nose on the quilts) and then flopped over and started his snortle noises which he normally only makes after eating something beyond delicious or has the best time playing. 

Then tonight when I was hanging it on the wall, I put it where I thought and asked, "what do you think about here?" and all of sudden he made his whine squeak which is his not happy noise.  So I moved it over to another spot and asked about that spot and he stopped and smiled.  So that is where I left it.  (I guess he's getting particular about where I hang the art.  It was his 11th birthday yesterday, so I'll let him have his way this time, lol.)

He's never reacted this strongly to a quilt before--he must really LOVE it!  Which is good--because so do I!

I told my sister that the gang in the center is Stars as the bunny, me with the hat and my younger sister trying to peek in, lol!
 Now aren't you all just a bit jealous?
Doll Quilt Swap 12 Received!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...