Friday, March 4, 2011

DQS10

Well after lots of brainstorming, I've decided on a pattern and fabric for my secret swap partner.  I'll give you a peek:



Mmm...I just love Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  And so does my partner.

Okay, I admit, I didn't always.  The first few times I saw some of his fabric designs I thought they were kind of obnoxious.  But then my dad decided to give me some charm squares of the stuff.  I guess it just grew on me and now I really like the prints.  I plan on making myself a huge Kaffe quilt, but first I need to make a doll sized one for my partner.  If I stick with my design then I'll have at least 50 different Kaffe Fassett fabrics in it--that's a whole lot of Kaffe.  I'm still waiting for some to arrive in the mail, so I'll work on what I have as well as a few fun extras to include in the package in the between time.

Some of you may remember the tree quilt I did for DQS9--very simple fabrics but lots of work on the shape of the tree and the quilting.  Well, this time, I'm kind of going the other way with simpler blocks and quilting and lots of busy fabrics.  Stay tuned.
DQS10SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...