Thursday, February 18, 2010

2009 Dolls

Before I begin showing my creations from the sew along challenges, I thought I'd really quick show some dolls I made last year--you know you want to see them!

Here is my very first Edith Ackley Flack style doll--Angel (because she's so lovely).  This is from the To Greet a Little Girl doll pattern designed by Edith Ackley Flack.  I made her almost completely from my stash--I did have to buy yarn for hair (around $4) and some faux leather for the shoes (around $3).  All her clothes are removable (hook and eye) and she has a little slip, chemise and pantaloons with lace and pintucks.  Hand embroidered face too.  Isn't she lovely.  If you haven't made one of these heirloom style dolls, you really should.  They're a bit of work, but oh so wonderful when finished.  I'm working on a second one for the February month of the challenge. 

Here are two of the little Raggedy Ann style dolls I made from patterns designed by Dee over at Oh Sew Dollin.  They are made with tea-dyed muslin, hand painted eyes and legs, hand embroidered face (and heart on the body).  Aren't they just adorable--love their hair!  I did purchase the 2 fat quarters for each of the dresses ($5 per doll), the hair ($5.99 per skein), the tea bags ($1.99), giant rickrack trim ($1.50) and the buttons ($1.50 each).  I don't normally go buy everything to try out a new doll pattern, but these were so cute that I just couldn't resist.

This one was made with the My Annie pattern.  (This one became part of my mom's Christmas presents and is now carefully guarded in her room.)


This one was made with the Long-legged Annie pattern.
2009 DollsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...