Friday, October 19, 2012

I'm ba-ack!

Wow, did everyone else have a summer like I did?!  I sure hope not.  Mine was filled with people from a local organization and city giving us plenty of harassment and legal issues (with lots of stress to match it), not to mention the lies and slander, followed by a little over a month of double shifts at work.  Big yuck!  (Ironically, two of these individuals are running for political office and one even asked me to be sure and vote for her.  Ah, yeah, right.)  I didn't get any quilting done and hardly even touched my sewing machine--I had to dust it off!  Right now though everything is quiet, so I hope that means they are going to stop finally (if not, we've got plenty of documentation to stomp them). 

But, one of my quilting bees started up again in September--just the kick I needed to get back into what I enjoy and stop thinking about a bunch of jerks.  Woohoo for fabric joy!

September's block is called My Blue Heaven and is found over at Quilter's Cache.  It's a quick and easy block to make.  I cut the squares according to the size given, but rather than cut those in half and sew a bunch of triangles, I just drew a diagonal line corner to corner through the middle of each and then sewed a 1/4 inch from the line on each side, then cut down the line.  The block ends up just a smidge over 12 inches, so squares up to 12 even (not 12.5 inches, just so you are aware).

The block isn't squared up in the photo, but it would square up to 12 inches.
This block went to Michelle (A.quilter.2) who is making a quilt all in blues.  I think it'll look fabulous and am thinking of making one myself!

Glad to be back and I've got lots of fun things to show you, so stay tuned!
I'm ba-ack!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...