Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fabric for DQS12

This week a few packages showed up for some of my swaps, including the solids I plan on using for my DQS 12 quilt.  Although it was cloudy the day I took these pictures, you can still see how lovely the range is.  The first three bundles came from Pink Chalk Fabrics.  I do love their quick service, nice packaging and mixed bundles.

From left to right:  Moda Bella Solids American Blue, Kona Cotton Dusty Blue, Robert Kaufman Quilters Linen Taupe, Essex Linen Dusty Blue, Pure Organics Steel, Kona Cotton Sage, Kona Cotton Herb, Essex Linen Jungle, Moda Bella Solids Etchings Charcoal.  These are from the Parson Gray Curious Nature Coordinates Collection.

From the Apple Cider Bundle (left to right):  Kona Cotton Paprika, Kona Cotton Curry, Moda Bella Solids Ochre, Kona Cotton Raisin, Kona Cotton Butterscotch, Kona Cotton Moss, Kona Cotton Amber, Kona Cotton Brown.

From left to right (August-Hot Summer Nights Bundle):  Kona Cotton Dark Violet, Kona Cotton Coral, Kona Cotton Violet, Kona Cotton School Bus, Kona Cotton Cerise, Robert Kaufman Pure Organic Cherry, Kona Cotton Chocolate, Robert Kaufman Pure Organic Orange.
This last bundle set I bought from Sew Fresh Fabrics on Etsy.  I needed a few more greens and yellows.  I love how each had a label on it (easily peeled off), so I could remember the colors.  This was the bundle inspired by Outfoxed Outwitted.

Left to right (all Kona):  Natural, Medium Gray, Herb, Zucchini, Olive, Basil, Banana, Corn Yellow.
How did I choose all these colors?  Well, my secret partner loves modern, contemporary styles and leans towards warm earthy tones (both of which, I admit are not my norms--but, I love being pushed in my creativity and while I don't normally get to work with all solids or these tones, I do like them).  I did a little checking on Google images and after seeing photos of the beautiful area that my partner lives in, I choose colors from the surrounding landscape (sky, mountains, trees, wild flowers, earth, etc.) and then found mixed fabric bundles containing the colors I was going for.  I'm looking forward to mixing in the textures of the linens with the cottons.  Hopefully, these will all translate well into the design I've got floating in my head--guess we'll see!
Fabric for DQS12SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...